Sunday 26 July 2009

A weekend of contrasts !! Shaun Tanner relationship Guru !!

Been a very strange few days and done a lot of different things .. Went out on Thursday night to the works bar and spent time on a balcony overlooking the sea . Terrific views from on high over the cliffs then I looked left and noticed a little vixen happily going around its own business .. All sorts of wildlife here on Portland !!
The following day a lot of us went to the funeral of a local lad , details I will not go into but it makes you realise how mortal we all are when you bury someone nearly half your age !
Following day was much more light hearted as went out with a mate for a quiet game of darts and to listen to the marital woes of Carlos (the Jackal) ... Portlands second best barman !! Why is it that people who are in relationships are blind to the absolutely obvious !! I include myself in this category as I actually went out with someone who told me "!Do not go out with me as I will only hurt you !!" She did and I still had the cheek to feel bad ... I mean the girl had given me a fair warning ...lol
Anyway back to the Jackal ... 5 weeks ago his girlfriend moved in with him .... within half a day she had moved out because she found him boring .... We thought this was harsh as he was actually in work at the time !! She had a quick one nighter with a local (not the rock I hasten to add !!) before deciding that Carlos might be the one after all !! They got back together and immediatly announced their engagement and throw an engagement party... A tote commences as to how long they will last .... Last night the Jackal announced with regret that his engagement had been broken on Wednesday ... but by Saturday he was about to move in with someone else !!! Guess I am just old fashioned !!
I am not sure why but I have been to the Weddings of several friends .. both male and female and thought ..NOOOOO do not do this ....each time I have been proven correct .. sometimes within a few months ... Problem is if you tell someone you tend to lose their friendship .... what a dilemma !!
Regards
Shaun

2 comments:

Funnyface said...

Hi Shaun, long time no speak ! Whenever i start to think of romance i get a good friend to slap me ....hehee!
Luv Jaynee X

shauntannerTenthirteengoesforth said...

Hi Jayne .... there is no right and wrong or no tried and trusted formula ... I may have to rely on your method

regards
Shaun